Geometry Part 1 Midterm
Directions: Please make sure to justify all answers. This includes showing work with necessary or providing adequate explanation.
1. Write a paragraph proof.
Given: ∠T and ∠V are right angles.
Prove: ∆TUW ∆VWU
2. Sled kites rely on wind pressure to retain the shape of the sail. Each consists of a single square and two triangular pieces. Kyle has made a model of a Sled kite as shown below. Show that the angles and are congruent.
3. A ray of light is reflected when it hits a mirror. The angle at which the light strikes the mirror is the angle of incidence, i. The angle at which the light is reflected is the angle of reflection, r. The angle of incidence and the angle of reflection are congruent. In the diagram below, if , what is the angle of reflection and
4. Samantha has cut a pastry into four parts. Suppose and T is the midpoint of PR. Determine whether Justify your answer.
5. A pathway divides a rectangular garden into two parts as shown. Find the measure of
6. Andy was playing a memory game with his sister. He turned over a tile to reveal a picture of the sun at the coordinates (5, 4). He looked under a tile that was 3 units to the left and 2 units down but revealed a picture of a tree. His sister knew that the other sun was 1 unit to the left and 1 unit up from the tree. What are the coordinates of the second sun?
7. Carpenters use parallel wall studs to build support for walls. A carpenter has built two wall studs given by HG and CD in the figure below. Find the measure of so that the two wall studs are parallel.
8. Richard ordered a coffee table that was a regular pentagon. Find the measure of an exterior angle of the table.
Use trapezoid ABCD to find each measure.
9. Let be the median of LMBA. Find , , and .
10. In a museum, Nick is looking at a famous painting through a mirror at an angle of Find the angle the painting makes with the mirror. Also find and
11. If a bike tire has 16 spokes spaced evenly apart, name its angles of rotation.
12. Richard wants to buy a LCD flat panel monitor measuring 14 inches by 16 inches. What is the measure of the diagonal of the monitor?
13. Samantha’s rectangular gift is 10 inches. by 12 inches and is framed with a ribbon. She wants to use the same length of ribbon to frame a circular clock. What is the maximum radius of the circular clock? Round to the nearest whole number.
Write a two-column proof.
14. Given: is the perpendicular bisector of
15. Write a flow proof for the problem. Given: Prove:
Write a two-column proof.
16. Find the coordinates of the orthocenter of ΔYAB that has vertices at Y(3, –2), A(3, 5), and B(9, 1). (JUSTIFY)
17. For isosceles trapezoid ABCD, find the length of the median and .(JUSTIFY)
18. Write a two-column proof.
and are rt.
Prove: ∆ABC ∆ADC
19. A salesperson travels from city A to city B and then to city C. From city C, the salesperson travels directly back to city A as shown in the diagram below. Write the lengths of the legs of the trip in order from least to greatest.
20. A construction manager moved a shed to the back corner of a lot. Because there were so many trees in the way, the construction manager had to move it 6 units up, 2 units to the left, 2 units down, and 3 units to the left. The vertices are now (5, 5), (0, 5), (5, 3), and (0, 3). What were the original vertices of the shed?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more