THIS IS A QUIZ NEED DONE CORRECT IN 25 MINUTES FOR TIMES TEST
1. The president of State University wants to forecast student enrollment for this academic year based on the following historical data:
5 years ago 15,000
4 years ago 16,000
3 years ago 18,000
2 years ago 18,000
Last year 16,000
What is the forecast for this year using exponential smoothing with alpha = 0.5, if the forecast for two years ago was 16,000?
2. Gradual, long-term movement in time-series values is called:
3. Which of the following statements is true with regard to causal forecasting?
a) Causal forecasting requires non-linear relationships inthe data.
b)Exponential smoothing is commonly used for causalforecasting.
c)Causal forecasting should only be used if other methods are inaccurate.
d) Causal forecasting generates a forecast of the dependent variable.
e) None of the above
4. In exponential smoothing with trend, the forecast consists of:
5. Which of the following statements is true regarding the Mean absolute deviation measure and the Mean square error measure?
a) Both are error measures used in forecasting.
b) The value of one measure is typically identical to the other.
c)The Mean absolute deviation measure is more accurate.
d)The Mean absolute deviation measure places greater weight on large errors.
e) All of the above.
6. Which of the following statements is true with regard to linear regression?
a)It does not assume a linear relationship.
b) It is used to predict the value of an independent variable.
c) The slope must be greater than or equal to 1.
d)It can be used to establish data relationships.
e) All of the above
7. Using the following data, what is the moving-average forecast for the next period using a three period model?
8. In order to increase the responsiveness of a forecast made using the moving-average method, the number of values in the average should be:
9. The president of State University wants to forecast student enrollment for Year 3. Using exponential smoothing with trend, the forecast for the current year (Year 1) is 20,000. Assume the estimated trend is 1,500. What is the forecast for Year 3?
10. Two different forecasting methods are applied to the same data set. If the Mean absolute deviation is higher for the second method and the Mean square error is higher for the first method, what does this indicate?
a) The error measure for the first method is easier to interpret.
b) Both methods produce unacceptably high error rates.
c) The first method is less accurate than the second method.
d) The second method produces more extreme errors than the first method.
e) None of the above
11. Which of the following is an example of a seasonal pattern in data?
a) The data values are continually increasing with time.
b) The data exhibits an exponentially smoothed pattern.
c) The data variation is erratic in most quarters.
d) The volume of calls is dependent upon the product release schedule.
e) None of the above
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more