Daniel, E. Valentine. 1984. “Introduction.” In Fluid Signs. Being a Person the Tamil Way. Berkeley, Los Angeles, and London: University of California Press.
Compare and contrast the purpose and practices of flower divination of and prescriptions for achieving cukam (see Daniel, Ch. 5) with the purpose and practices of undertaking a pilgrimage to worship Lord Ayyappan in order to achieve a kind of temporary moksa (Tm: mokam) or what Daniel refers to as “equipoise” (see Daniel, Ch. 7).
Be sure to address (a) concerns about kunam/dosa disequilibrium in flower divination and (b) the metaphysical movement from “firstness” to “secondness” to “thirdness” in a Tamil pilgrimage (Daniel Ch. 7).
Another way to think about this is to explicate the following semantic opposition:
“Degraded” equilibrium (Tm: cukam = Kn: madi = “purity”) vs. “Genuine” or “ultimate” equilibrium or “equipoise” (Tm: mokam; Sk: Moksa).
1. Your paper must have a thesis statement. Explicitly state and underline your thesis statement.
2. Everything following your thesis statement must clearly work to support it.
3. Your paper must clearly deal with a topic that relates to our course.
4. Your paper must be correctly formatted according to MLA standards.
5. Your paper must be at least 6 – 8 pages in length. (Including Introduction and Conclusion.)
6. You must properly integrate several lines from at least three of the texts we have read in class.
7. You must also properly integrate several lines from at least five of the sources within your annotated bibliography. “In Fluid Signs. Being a Person the Tamil Way” by Daniel, E. Valentine.
8. Your research paper is due on Monday, May 30th.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more