BIO 268 – Module 3 Homework Assignment
PART I: BACKGROUND ASSESSMENT
Directions: Answer each of the following questions. Your responses should be 3-5 sentences in length for each question.
1. How are the cephalosporins similar to the penicillins? Why is this important for a health care professional to know?
2. How do nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs) work against the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)?
3. What are the signs and symptoms of allergic rhinitis and anaphylaxis?
4. Why might it be difficult to identify a true drug allergy?
5. What are the major functions of the skin?
6. What major skin problems may need to be treated with medications?
PART II: CRITICAL THINKING
Directions: Please provide responses to questions below. If necessary, please use examples or information from the textbook. Please use proper APA citation for any resources that you use. For concise APA formatting guidelines, please visit the Academic Resource Center (ARC). Your responses should be 1-2 paragraphs in length for each question.
1. The patient states to the health care professional, “After having taken 4 days of this antibiotic, I feel so much better. I heard that antibiotic medications could cause other problems, so maybe I should stop taking the antibiotic. Besides, I think my infection is gone now.” How should the health care professional respond to this patient?
2. Why should tetracycline use be avoided in pregnant women and children younger than 8 years old?
3. A 6-year-old boy comes into the clinic with sneezing and red, watery eyes. His mother says they just came from his cousin’s house, where he was playing with the cats. The physician orders cetirizine hydrochloride 5 mg to be taken every day as needed. What should the health care professional include when teaching the mother about controlling the allergy and proper medication use?
4. Why should the use of antihistamines be avoided in those working around machinery, when driving, or performing potentially hazardous activities?
5. A 16-year-old girl complains of vaginal itching. She has had several Pap smears that indicate she has candidiasis. Although she has been prescribed miconazole nitrate vaginal cream previously, she forgets to use the medication. She is afraid that her mother might find out and realize that she’s been sexually active. What are some options of treatment for this patient?
6. What is the goal of treatment for wound care?
PART III: LIRN ACTIVITY
Directions: After reading the LIRN articles included in Module 3 Lecture Notes, please answer each of the following questions. Each question should have a 2 to 3 paragraph response. Remember to support your work with APA references and in-text citations. Please visit the Academic Resource Center (ARC) for concise APA guidelines.
1. How does a demulcent agent differ from an emollient agent?
2. What is the best protection against sun damage? Explain in detail.
3. How are antioxidants useful in the treatment of dermatomic conditions?
4. How is acne treated? Explain in detail.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more