Read each problem carefully.
1. How many bits are required to address a 8G X 64 main memory if
a) Main memory is byte addressable?
b) Main memory is word addressable?
2. Suppose that a 4M X 32 main memory is built using 1M X 8 RAM chips and memory is word addressable.
a) How many RAM chips are necessary?
b) How many RAM chips are needed for each memory word?
c) How many address bits are needed for each RAM chip?
d) How many address bits are needed for all memory?
3. A digital computer has a memory unit with 26 bits per word. The instruction set consists of 50 different operations. All instructions have an operation code part (opcode), and an address part (allowing for only one address). Each instruction is stored in one word of memory.
a) How many bits are needed for the opcode?
b) How many bits are left for the address part of the instruction?
c) What is the maximum allowable size for memory?
4. Write the following MARIE assembly language equivalent of the following machine language instructions where:
0010 0000 0000 0111 is Store 007
5. What is the difference between hardwired control and microprogrammed control?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more