write two pages of backgroud and ethical issue summary of the case. please follow the outline down below.
Jeff Skilling(client): OGA to MtM
– MtM is a common practice
– more accurately reflect current worth and more consistent
Goldman(AA): oil and gas transaction
– Enron is a oil and gas company, not dealing with financial instruments
– SEC is not going to approve
-EF’s version of MtM is beyond practise
Goldman’s failure in established that:
-EF was not comparable to a Wall Street firm
-EF could not unilaterally choosing an accounting method
-Goldman hoped to use the Gas Bank transaction to illustrate the risks with MtM
Ethics issues in the meeting
2. A clear statement of the ethics issue, including why it deserves to be considered exceptional. This statement also requires definition of a boundary condition— an ethically acceptable outcome to the concrete business situation.
– Conflict between Goldman and its client, EF
1. EF- change to MtM accounting system
2. Goldman- maintain to use OGA; certain that the SEC would not permit an Enron unit to completely alter its accounting system without securing the commission’s prior approval.
– Need flawless communication strategy with his partners
1. They might stop listening and start thinking about what they would have to do to salvage the situation
2. Start thinking about how to placate a valued client
3. Begin thinking about replacing Goldman as the engagement partner
4. Discussion may turn toward finding an answer to satisfy Skilling before he came to Chicago
5. Try to minimize the damage by visualizing how AA might retreat from the position Goldman had staked out during the meeting.
– Best ethical option v.s. Best business option
– Boundary condition- minimum ethically acceptable outcome- leave it to SEC to decide
a. If SEC approves EF to use MtM, it can be OK for AA too.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more